Special Note: Cook off judges are handled separate than event volunteers. Cook off judges do not fill out a volunteer form. Please visit the Cook Off page if interested in being a cook off judge!
Volunteering is Food for the Soul
The feeling of giving reaches deep within our soul and helps connect our spirit to a cause greater than ourselves. Homer’s Backyard Ball has been blessed to build relationships with an amazing team of volunteers in our history. We would enjoy the opportunity to have you join us on our mission of raising funds that help people right here in our community.
This year, we will hold volunteer training sessions. YOU MUST ATTEND ONE of these training sessions to volunteer. We will ask you to complete your application and meet each of the directors.
We expect this year to be even bigger and better, but we know it can’t happen without our wonderful volunteers.
We can never tell our volunteers “THANK YOU” enough. You are the backbone of this event and will continue to be so. As a volunteer you help make sure everyone is safe and having a good time.
Volunteer Meeting Schedule
Volunteers need to attend 1 meeting prior to the event. Please choose 1 meeting from this schedule to attend:
- 4/25 – 5:30pm, Elks Lodge, 923 Clyde
- 4/29 – 10am, Khiva Shrine, East Room
- 5/2 – 5:30pm, Elks Lodge, 923 Clyde
- 5/4 - 6:00pm, Khiva Shrine, East Room
- 5/8 – 6:00pm, Khiva Shrine, East Room
- 5/9 – 5:30pm, Elks Lodge, 923 Clyde
What is the time commitment?
- The minimum volunteer time is just three hours
- You can volunteer for additional shifts if you would like
What do you get for volunteering?
- A free HBB volunteer t-shirt
- $25 Discount ticket price to HBB
- Opportunity to help raise funds for children’s organizations, this year’s main benefactors include Khiva Shrine Center of Amarillo, the Turn Center, Amarillo Area CASA, and the Children’s Miracle Network
- Meet a ton of people and make new friends
- Spend some quality time with your current friends and family while helping out a great cause
How do I sign up to be a HBB volunteer?
- Download and complete the Volunteer Application Form. The downloaded form can be filled out by typing directly into the highlighted form fields. Once completed, save the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once we get your application we will send you information on a volunteer meeting
- Purchase your $25 discounted volunteer ticket.
- We want you to have a great experience and this meeting will help provide all the details about volunteering
- We will help identify the areas of volunteer needs and get you signed up for the area in which you are interested
For further questions about being a volunteer, contact Heather Seiler at 806-681-9489.