Homer's World ChampionshipCalf Fry & BBQ Cook Off
May 19TH & 20TH, 2017
Rain or Shine!
Cook Off Registration
The downloaded form can be filled out by typing directly into the highlighted form fields. Once completed, save the form and email it to email@example.com.
Sanctioned by the International Barbecue Cookers Association (IBCA). See IBCA Rules and Regulations
(Based on 90+ Teams)
Grand and Reserve Grand Champion points based only on Brisket, Chicken, Pork Spare Ribs & Pulled Pork
Cook Off Schedule
Friday May 19th, 2017
Steak Selection - 6:00pm
Kid's Q Turn-In - 6:30pm
Steak Turn-In - 8:00-8:30pm
Awards - 9:30pm
Saturday May 20th, 2017
Tentative Turn-In Times:
Cooks Meeting - 9:00am
Calf Fries - 11:00am
Chicken - 12:00pm
Pork Spare Ribs - 1:30pm
Pork Butt - 3:00pm
Brisket - 4:30pm
Awards - 6:00pm (Tentative)
- ALL TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE -
Discounted Music Event tickets are available at a discounted price for cook teams only (max 8/team) – See discounted pricing below
*Note – Each cook team must pay the entry fee in order to participate in the cookoff
$175 - Cook Team Entry including 30x40 cook spot & entry in 1 or all meat categories (brisket, chicken, pork spare ribs & pulled pork)
$295 - Cook Team Entry plus 4 Music Event tickets (Reduced rate for music festival ticket for cook teams only $30 ea)
$415 - Cook Team Entry plus 8 Music Event tickets (Reduced rate for music festival ticket for cook teams only $30 ea)
$20 - Kid’s Q
$50 - extra 30x40 cook spot
$25 – Calf fries – 75% payout - Top 3
SCA Sanctioned Steak Cookoff Friday
Entry $50 (includes 2 competition steaks
SCA Rules Apply See SCA Cookoff Rules
COOK TEAM ADMITTANCE GUIDELINES:
- Cook team entry limited to 4 cook team members
- Discounted music event tickets for cook team purchase in advance only - $30/ea (max 8 tickets per team).
- Cook team guest ticket available at the cook’s entrance - $20 each (guest ticket provides entry for Friday and Saturday).
- Additionally if a cook team guest desires to attend the music event, the guest may purchase a music event ticket onsite for an additional $20.
- No re-admittance policy between cookoff and music event will be strictly enforced.
PARKING WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
NO In-Ground and/or Open Fire Pits
ABSOLUTELY NO FIREARMS ALLOWED
A "quiet" time will be imposed for respect of other teams and the surrounding neighborhood Friday night from 11:59 pm – 6:00 am Saturday morning.
- The Homer's Backyard Ball Cook Off Committee
Questions??? Contact Juleigh Wall - firstname.lastname@example.org or (806) 340-5077
Q. Does HBB provide calf fries?
Q: I am on a cook team, can I park my vehicle at my site?
A: You may have one vehicle in the cook area per team. There will be a parking area for the cook team's extra vehicles.
Q: Can cook teams bring alcohol?
A: Yes. Absolutely NO glass. No alcohol will be permitted into the music festival. Beer, wine, water and soft-drinks will be available for purchase at the music event.
Q: Does Cook Team entry fee include access to the music event on Saturday, May 20th?
A: No, but Cook Teams will be able to purchase advance discounted Music Event tickets as an option with their entry fee.
Homer’s BBQ Cook Off Rules & Regulations
1. Teams will consist of a Head Cook and (3) team members.
IBCA SANCTIONED & JUDGED
2. It is the responsibility of the contestant to see that the contest area is kept clean and that the area is cleaned and policed following the contest. All fires must be put out, concrete blocks and other building.
materials or props hauled away and all equipment removed from the site.
3. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages may be grounds for disqualification. No drinking glass containers or bottles allowed.
4. No extra vehicles will be allowed in the pit area once the pit is setup.
5. IBCA Judging rules will apply.
6. Promoters and cook-off officials will not be held responsible for accidents, theft or mishaps.
7. No animals allowed.
8. No live or excessive loud music allowed.
9. Entry containers will be distributed at the Mandatory Head Cooks Meeting, Friday night at the cook off tent. Any container that has been altered will be disqualified. If another container is needed, one will be provided. Head cook must attend cooks meeting.
10. Homer’s Foundation directors reserve the right to disqualify any team that does not abide by the rules set by the Board of Directors.